We've moved!

Redirecting you to lublyou.com

Thursday, July 11, 2013

about a turtle that was trying to cross the road

Idaho turtle
turtle crossing the road

It's not a secret that I love animals. That should explain the number of the turtle photos in this post and my uncontrollable excitement. Here's the story: we were driving back from Schweitzer mountain in the evening, when I suddenly saw a little head poking out of a shell at the edge of the road! I've never seen a turtle in the wild, I almost couldn't believe my eyes, but I started waving my arms like crazy and telling Ben to turn around and go back.

We parked nearby and ran to meet our new friend: this silly turtle was trying to cross the road, and it wasn't the best idea ever. I quickly picked it up, we took dozens of pictures and started searching the area for a safe place to let the turtle go. We figured it was travelling in search of a pond to lay eggs since it's that time of year. Google maps didn't show us any water close enough, so we hopped in the car with the turtle in my hands and drove for a few minutes until we saw a perfect spot. It was a big and beautiful lawn with 2 ponds in the middle with lots of cattails, we said our "good-bye"s and he or she took off and swam away under the mud instantly.

I hope it loves its new home and there will be lots of turtle babies soon. Oh, I get attached to animals too quickly! But seriously, it's so cool that I get to see lots of wildlife in and around town! I miss the moose from our backyard. Hopefully it'll be back in winter again to chew on frozen apples.

7 comments:

Saxon @ Lets Drink Coffee, Darling said...

Cute little guy/girl! We used to see turtles crossing the road all the time when I was a kid - always figured they were warming up on the pavement since they are reptiles and they were always out in the morning. Love turtles!

Matthew Spade said...

what amazing colours and markings it has both top, middle and bottom. You saved this little guy, sounds like they loved their new home. Good on you.

Anonymous said...

Aww. I have a soft spot for turtles, too. My daughter's nickname when she was little was "turtle" because she was so pokey. I always smile when I see turtles. So glad I found your blog. I can't wait to read more!!
xoxo
Selena

Katia said...

I loove turtles, I love wild life in general. I love the markings on turtles though, they're really quite beautiful!


xo
http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca

Unknown said...

Aww this is so sweet. I just rehabilitated a turtle last week too. It's the little things . :)

http://abroadsworld.blogspot.com/

oomph. said...

good eyes...glad you were able to save this little guy from a possible run-in with another car!

rockoomph.blogspot.com
$100 Lulu & Georgia GIVEAWAY
$150 Stitch Fix GIVEAWAY

nataliya said...

какая черепашка!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...